Women had always played a significant role in the history of do not only care, starting from the creation of the world to till today. As Without women, new generation can’t be born. And women are good preachers as well from the starting, and till now they are serving God. We can see from the Bible, Women do not only care about children or work at home, but God has given them the authority to spread God’s word also, and women have done a great job and are still doing. And also there were many women prophets in the Bible and are still there.
I have shared about some women who have served the God in the bible with the gift of Prophecy(women prophets).
These are women prophets in the Bible:
- Miriam – Sister of Moses. (Exodus 15:20,21) “Aaron’s sister, the one who was a women prophet Miriam, and took the tambourine. She and the women began singing and dancing. Miriam repeated the words, “Sing to the Lord! He has done great things. He threw horse and rider into the sea….”
- Deborah – (Judges 4:4) “there was a woman prophet named Deborah. She was a wife of a man named Lapidoth. She was a judge of Israel at that time.
- Huldah – (2 Kings 22:14) “So Hilkiah the priest, Ahikram, Acbor, Shaphan, and Asaish went to Huldah the woman prophet. As Huldah was the wife of Shallum, son of Harhas, son of Tikvah. He took care of the priest’s clothes. Huldah was living in the second quarter in Jerusalem. They went and talked with Huldah.” And same verse we can read in (2 Chronicles 34:22).
- Noadiah – (Nehemiah 6:14) “God, please remember the Sanballat and Tobiah and the bad things they have done. Also remember the woman Noadiah and the other prophets who have been trying to scare me.
- Isaiah’s wife – (Isaiah 8:3) “Then I went to my wife, the woman prophet. She became pregnant and had a son. As The Lord told her, “Name the boy Maher Shalal Hash Baz.”
- Elisabeth – (Luke 1:41-45) “When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the unborn baby inside her just jumped, and after that, she was filled with the Holy Spirit. And In a loud voice, she said to Mary, “God has really blessed you, more than any woman. And God has blessed the baby you will have. You will be the mother of my Lord, and you have to come to me! Why has something so good happened to me? When I heard the voice, the baby inside me jumped with joy. The Great blessings are yours because you believed what the Lord said to you! You believed this would happen.”
- Mary, Mother of Jesus – (Luke 1:46-48) “Then Mary said, I praise the Lord with all of my heart. I am very happy because The God is my savior. I am not that important, but he has shown his care for me, his lowly servant. From now to until the end of time, people will surely remember how much God blessed me.”
- Anna – (Luke 2:36-38) “Anna, a prophetess, was there in the temple. She was from the family Phanuel of the tribe of Asher. She was now very old. And had lived with her husband seven years before he died and left her alone. She was now almost 84 years old. And Anna was always in the temple; she never left. She worshiped God by fasting and praying day and night.”
- Philip’s four daughters – (Acts 21:9) “He had four unmarried daughters who had the gift of prophesying.”
God has promised to pour out his spirit upon everyone. In (Joel 2:28) “After this, I will pour out my Spirit on all kinds of people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will have the dreams, and your young men will see the visions. In those days I will pour out my spirit even on the servants, both men, and women as well.” We can also read the same verse in the New Testament (Acts 2:16-21)…….