Well we all know about the Adam, the first person on earth to whom God created with his hands and in his own image. The word “Adam” is a Hebrew word translated as Man and the word “Adam” occurs 560 times in the bible. In (Luke 3:38) it’s written that the Adam was the son of God. Christ the translation of “Christos” for the Hebrew Messiah, means “Anointed”. And Jesus Christ is also the son of God.
Below we have written the contrast about Christ the new Adam with the actual Adam.
- Adam was the head of Old creation (Genesis 1:26) Christ is head of the new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17-18; Ephesians 2:10).
- Adam sinned against the God (Genesis 2:17; 3:6; Romans 5:12-21) whereas Christ did not (1 Peter 2:22).
- Due to Adam’s sin, God cursed the humans with death.
- The first man Adam became a living person. But the last Adam (Christ) is a life- giving spirit (1 Corinthians 15:45).
- The physical man (Adam) came first; then came the spiritual (Christ) (1 Corinthians 15:46).
- The first man (Adam) came from the dust of the earth. The second man (Christ) came from heaven (1 Corinthians 15:47).
- Death comes to people because of Adam. And in the same way in Christ, all of us will be made alive again (1 Corinthians 15:21, 22; (John 10:10).
- One man (Adam) disobeyed God and many became sinners. But in the same way, one man (Christ) obeyed God and many will be made right (Romans 5:19).
- One sin of Adam brought the punishment of death to all people. But Christ did something so good that it makes all people right with God. And that brings them true life (Romans 5:18).
- Adam lost the grace or favor of God (Romans 5:15; Genesis 2:17; 3:6-24) Christ restored grace to men (Romans 5:15-17; Romans 3:24; John 1:17).
- Death reigned from Adam (Romans 5:12,14,17) and life reigns through Christ (Romans 5:17-18,21; John 3;16; john 10:10)
- The first person is Adam bible says and Christ is the second Adam (1 Corinthians 15:45).
- Adam caused sin to abound and Christ causes grace to abound (Romans 5:20).