Life is a gift given to us from God. Without God who one can survive on this earth. Even plants, animals, bacteria, fungi, archaea and protists. Everything has life, God has beautifully created it, but God made only humans with his hands. And the God loved the Humans beings more than any other thing, “the Bible says”
If we see the Bible verse (Genesis 5:9- 29) at that time men almost lived for 1000 years and after the flood, they lived 500 to 600 years (Genesis 11:10- 17) says that then 200 to 230 years (Genesis 11:18- 23). Later span dropped to 140 to 205 years (Genesis 11:24- 32); (25:7, 17); (35:28) (47:28); (Job 42:16); and then 110 to 120 years (Genesis 50:26); (Deuteronomy 34:7); (Joshua 24:29). Finally, the average ages of people became 80 to 100 (1 Samuel 4:15); (Luke 2:37) and now with modern living, the age life is even is less than that.
Persons who followed the laws of Bible and lived a long life.
- Methuselah lived 969 years.
- Noah lived 950 years.
- Adam lived 930 years.
- Seth lived 912 years.
- Enosh lived 905 years.
Comparison of Life
Life is compared to the several things.
- Life is like a shadow or image – (Psalm 39: 5-6) (Ecclesiastes 6:12)
- Like a flower – (Job 14:1-2)
- Like a sleep – (Psalm 90:5)
- Like a grass – (Psalm 90:6)
- Like the wind – (Job 7:7)
- Like a water – (2 Samuel 14:14)
Laws for How to live a long life
- Honor parents – (Deuteronomy 5:16; Exodus 20:12)
- Keep commandments – (Deuteronomy 4:40; 11:9)
- Walk in God’s ways – (Deuteronomy 5:33)
- Fear the Lord – (Deuteronomy 6:2)
- Teach children God’s word – (Deuteronomy 11:19-20)
- Be kind to animals – (Deuteronomy 22:7)
- Read the law and learn to fear God and obey his will – (Deuteronomy 17:19-20)
- Weights and measures must be correct and accurate – be honest- (Deuteronomy 25:15)
- Love and obey God – (Deuteronomy 20:15-20)
- Set the heart on obedience to God and his word – (Deuteronomy 32:44- 47)
- The One who hates Unjust will prolong his days. (Proverbs 28:16)
- Avoid saying any hurtful – (Psalm 34:12-13)
In the Bible, we can see one person in (2 Kings 20:1-6) Hezekiah only person God prolonged his days. Because he was faithful to God and obeyed the God’s word. He became sick and was almost dead, but The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to see him and told him that, the Lord says, ‘you will be dying soon, so you must tell your family that what they should do when you die. You will not get well. Hezekiah turned his face to the wall that faced the temple and began praying to the Lord. ‘’Lord, remember that I have sincerely served you with all my heart. And have done what you say is good.’’ Then Hezekiah cried very hard. Before Isaiah had left the middle courtyard, he received the message from the Lord, ‘’Go back and speak to Hezekiah, the leader of my people. Tell him, ‘The Lord, the God of my ancestor David, says: I have heard your prayer and saw the tears of you, so I will surely heal you. On the third day, you will go up to the temple of the Lord. I will add 15 years to your life. I will save you and your city from the king of Assyria. As I will protect the city, I will do this myself, and because of the promise, I made to my servant David.
Following the Bible’s is the answer for how to live a long life.
You can subscribe us for this kind of post.