In this world, every second a child is born, And some people name them after they are born or have some names in their mind before they are born. Bible says in (Psalms 127:3) “Children are the inheritance of the Lord.” In the Old Testaments, a person named after eight days on the day of circumcision(Luke 2:21).
As it is written in the Bible that God knows a person before he or she was a baby in the Womb of the Mother (Psalms 139, Jeremiah 1:5). So, in this article, I will be sharing the names of the person who were named before they were born. And at that time, no one had the technology to check if it is going to be a baby boy or a baby girl. But still, there were prophecies about some persons who were named before they were born. And I will be sharing with you the names of the Persons who were named before birth in the Bible.
In Bible, so many great prophets came to whom God talks. And they had done great things in Bible.
Here in the Bible, seven people were named before birth.
1. Ishmael – (Genesis 16:11) “An angel came to Hagar and said unto her you shalt bear a son and call his name Ishmael; because the Lord had heard your affliction.”
2. Issac – (Genesis 17:19) “The God said, Sarah, your wife shall bear a son and shall call his name Issac. And I will establish an everlasting covenant with his seed after him”.
3. Solomon – (1 Chronicles 22:9) “A son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest. And I will give rest from all the enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days”.
4. Josiah – (1 King 13:2) “A child shall be born unto the house of David Josiah by name. He shall offer upon this altar the priests of the high place that burn incense upon it. Bones of men shall be burnt upon this altar. The altar shall be rent this day, and the ashes that are on it will be poured out”. And after 325 years this prophecy was fulfilled in (2 kings 22:1).
5. Cyrus – (Isaiah 44:28) “that saith of Cyrus, he is my shepherd, and perform all pleasure in liberating the Jews. The rebuilding of the temple of God at Jerusalem”. And after 175 years this prophecy was fulfilled in (Isaiah 45:1).
6. John the Baptist – (Luke 1:13) “The angel said fear, not Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and your wife Elisabeth shall bear a son and shall call his name John.
7. Jesus – (Matthew 1:21) “She shall bring forth a son; they shall call his name Jesus. For he shall save his people from their sins.